Thursday, October 13, 2005

Every sperm is sacred

The news about that woman in Arkansas who just gave birth to her 16th child [It's only news in the developped countries. A large family is very common in the Third World, where women do not have easy access to contraception] is a perfect excuse for me to tell you this Groucho Marx joke:

In the late 1940s, Groucho hosted a very popular radio program You bet your life, which moved over to television in the 1950s. The show consisted of Groucho interviewing the contestants and "ad libbing" jokes. One of the interviewees was a mother of 10. Groucho asked the woman: «Why so many kids?». The woman blushingly answered: «I love my husband a lot and...». Groucho did not let her finish: «Well, I love my cigar too, but I take it out of my mouth once in a while».

 
Every sperm is sacred,
Every sperm is great,
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.
Michael Palin and Terry Jones

No comments: