Thursday, April 20, 2006

More Death Wish

It was 21 degrees Celsius today, so at lunchtime, I decided to go look for swimsuits for my impending trip to Vietnam.



I know, I know, you laugh now, but at the time, it seemed like a good idea.

The saleslady seemed competent enough: one look at me and she pulled out a couple of what looked like jumbo garbage bags in dark colours. She explained that I was a pear: flat chest and huge hips. The best type of swimsuits for me would be two pieces of different sizes (she didn't say: S for the top and XXXXXL for the bottom, but I can read it in her eyes).

So I went inside the changing room with the garbage bags, removed my clothes, vomited a bit in my mouth and had a good cry. Then I got dressed again and left.

«I want to look around some more» I told the saleslady.

She didn't say: «Sure, good luck, tub o'lard!», but I can read it in her eyes.

Here's me at work, in front of my computer. Do I look like a pear to you? Also, did I mention that it was 21 degrees Celsius and the office air conditioner was not working?


Ha!Ha! Gotcha! Those are not my real legs, I photoshopped in Angelina Jolie's legs!

Non-cat picture from: http://sadlyno.com/

2 comments:

Writer and Nomad said...

i so know the vomit-in-mouth and cry-in-the-fitting-room feelings. i always wondered whose idea it was to create the waterproof bar and panty as swim wear for women...
why not a more feminine version of swim trunks instead?

Buddhist with an attitude said...

Hi April! Glad to meet you.