Thursday, April 16, 2009

Technical Difficulties



My computer kept freezing midway, forcing me to reboot each time. I was getting nervouser and nervouser, because this is a very busy time for me. All of a sudden, I'm swamped with contracts and requests for translation. I thought I would take it easy now that I'm retired, but actually I'm working harder than ever, even weekends. I'm not complaining, since my income has dropped to half of what I used to make, but this is not a good time to have computer problems.

Then I remembered that the troubles started after I installed a program that's supposed to speed up my computer. So once I remove the offending piece of shit of a software, everything is back to normal again.

That was my 5-minute break, now I have to get back to work. See ya!

2 comments:

kca said...

Achetes un Mac!^o^

Non sans deconner, antivirus, defragmentation, freeze... Tous ces truc la, c' est fini ou presque.

Tu me diras que c' est 1500$, ok, mais lorsque tu compares aux heures, voir aux semaines que tu economisera sur l' annee, 1500 pour ta ranquilite d' esprit, c' est pas cher du tout.

Buddhist with an attitude said...

J'ai acheté un Mac il y a des années de ça, KCA, mais j'ai fini par l'abandonner parce que ça me faisait chier d'avoir à me réadapter chaque fois que je passais d'un système à l'autre (à l'époque Apple n'avait pas beaucoup d'applications courantes.. Word, Excell, etc.). En général,je n'aime pas les groupes élites genre Apple, iPhone, Facebook, etc.