Wednesday, October 29, 2008

OrchidFête 2008

Last Sunday, my friend Pak Chow and I went to the Orchidfête 2008, hosted by the Eastern Canada Orchid Society at the Days Inn Hotel in Downtown Montreal on October 25 and 26, 2008. I took some pictures and spent all the cash I had on me to buy two catleyas, so Pak Chow had to pay for my lunch.

Here are the pictures, but please remember that I used my cellphone camera so they're not that sharp.

<












 






Here's one of the catleyas I bought (the last two pictures up).

We met one of the exhibitors, Ms Marilyn Light, who won first prize for her exhibit on Chinese Cymbidiums, and who was kind enough to email me the link to a fascinating article she wrote about her participation in the First Chinese Cymbidium and Cymbidium Culture Exhibition which was held in Beijing, China, January 25 to 29, 2007 : http://www.orchidsafari.org/chinesecyms/chinesecyms.html

The next orchid show will be organized in March 28-29, 2009 by the Orchidophiles de Montreal at the CEGEP De Maisonneuve. I'll see you there! Bring money (and a sandwich for me, in case I spend all my money again).


I screw up the formatting again. Curse my incompetence!!

No comments: